Okay. So I know that my last post was slightly... hopeless. I seriously haven't got that much more hope out of anything, especially with the fact that Iran is blocking oil. Today's topic is being Forever Young. I slightly touched on this topic last time, but it really made me want to write when I heard the song Forever Young by Manian. It made me think.... what are the pros of being young forever? Well you look pretty and you get to go out to clubs every night, relive your college years. Yeah thats pretty much it. Lets look at the cons. Well you don't get to grow old with your soul mate (or whatever you believe about love), don't ever get to see your grandchildren, and after a while you would grow tired of life. I mean it. If you live for 5 thousand years and have a blast, that is great. But I promise you that someday you would want to die. If you had kids, could you stand watching them die? Would you make them immortal too? If you did, could you stand watching them lose their spouse or children? No. Unless you are a cold hearted bastard, you couldn't. They would turn their kids immortal and their spouse immortal. Eventually over a couple thousand years, everyone would be immortal!!!! Then whats the point? Nobody ever gets old and they just keep having more and more kids. I mean we hit 7 billion people on Halloween 2011. Eventually the earth will just get so over populated. So now your thinking, well if I want to die I'll just kill myself right? No. Part of immortality is you can't die. No starvation, drowning, burning, poison, acid, getting ran over, sickness, NOTHING. So, do you want to live forever? That is the question isn't it? Think about it some more. There is so much grief in misery in one lifetime. Yes, there is definitely happiness, but lets be truthful with ourselves, there is more pain than happiness in one's lifetime. Think of all the bad things that would happen in all that time that you would live. So much. Could anyone really live with that more than 150 years? So I leave you here, with this question. Do you really want to live forever?
-Kellisaurus ;)
oh and I promise something a little more cheerful next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment