Today, all in less than six hours I read and watched three things. All three gave me a sense of hopelessness for the human race. 1) I watched The Island. A movie about how rich humans have themselves cloned for when the original people need organ donors or a baby. The two clones escaped and found out the truth. So the guy and the girl clone set off to find their originals. The guy's original tried to turn the clones in because he "wasn't ready to die". Later in the movie, the guy clone (Lincoln 6-Echo) says something similar to this. " Humanity will never be ready to die. They don't care what it takes, but they will always be ready to live." This alone just brought my hope for us humans down to almost nothing. 2) I started to read an article in the newest WIRED magazine. It was about how they were working on a pill to get rid of your worst memories. Doesn't that sound awful? Yes, sometimes you wish that you didn't remember somethings, but really? Isn't the pain of life what makes the happy times awesome? Don't throw away your memory in a rush just because things aren't going right for you. On to our next terrible subject. 3) I watched an episode of Numb3rs. A TV show that concluded in 2009 or 2010. It tells the story of two brothers. One is an FBI agent (Don) and the other is a math genius (Charlie). Together they solve crimes, blah blah blah. This one episode was about how 5,000 of these amazingly BEASTLY guns were loose in LA. A dealer that sold them was rich. I mean filthy rich. One of the agents took the dealer to a street where a random shooting had taken place. 11 people had been shot for no reason, because that dealer had sold those guns. They talked about how no matter where you sold your guns; that it would cause death and grief anywhere in the world. Not just in the US. At the end of the episode some of the agents discussed how no matter how many guns they found, there would still be more. The dealer also mentioned something like this "It is human nature to kill off each other. Through the generations, we just keep getting better at it". Now isn't that just depressing. Our human code is to kill, never feel pain, and live forever. Goodness in the 13 years I've lived, sometimes I think that in another 13 years. I will have lived enough. I don't believe there is a real purpose for us to live more than 90 years. I really don't. If you are on the brink of discovering a new cure for cancer and you die. Its okay. You don't have to come back to life to finish it. Someone new, with fresh eyes and younger thoughts will finish your work. I am also not going to say that pain is necessarily good, its just that sometimes we actually NEED pain to realize what we have going for us. I know your thinking, goodness she is only 13 she doesn't know anything. I don't know a lot yeah, but I have felt a good share of pain and despair over the last couple of years. It makes me realize how much my life is worth today when I am having an awesome time doing something with my family and friends or anybody. As for killing, well thats just stupid. Why do you need to kill? Yes, that person maybe vial and cruel, but they don't deserve to die. No one deserves to die. If anything, they deserve to live. Lets think about what I said earlier, there will always be pain. (Yes I didn't say that directly,but you get the jest right?) So you feel like murdering someone out of anger, don't. It is more painful to live than it is to die. I hope a child's view on humanity will help you in some way, become a better person.
-Kellisaurus :)
No comments:
Post a Comment